The HydraFacial is an award-winning treatment loved by celebrities and is continuing to increase in popularity. But what is a HydraFacial, and what are the benefits?
A HydraFacial is an ultra-detoxifying, deep cleansing facial treatment. It uses active ingredients to promote healthy, glowing skin. There are six steps to a HydraFacial:
- Detox – using a lymphatic drainage technique, this helps to increase circulation and decrease toxins.
- Cleansing and Exfoliation – this removes dead skin cells and impurities.
- Brightening – a salicylic and glycolic acid solution is applied, helping to remove any debris from your pores, giving a brightening effect.
- Extraction – blackheads and impurities are removed.
- Hydration – a combination of antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid help to hydrate and plump your skin.
- Rejuvenation – using an LED light treatment, this step of the treatment stimulates collagen and reduces redness and uneven skin tone.
What Skin Types Will Benefit from a HydraFacial?
- A HydraFacial is an incredible treatment for several skin conditions:
- Dull skin – HydraFacials leave your skin glowing and healthy.
- Dry skin – the hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and peptides work to deeply penetrate the skin with hydration.
- Pigmentation – the dermabrasion helps to reduce hyperpigmentation.
- Acne – for mild acne, HydraFacials can be very beneficial.
Which HydraFacial Treatment Is the Best for Me?
HydraFacial is a very adaptable treatment that can be enjoyed in an hour-long session or fitted into a busy work schedule.
Our Skin Health for Life
Treatment is ideal for those wanting to see long-term results and lasts for around 60 minutes. Or, if you want to enjoy the benefits of HydraFacial in your lunch break, opt for our Express treatment which last
s for 30 minutes. However, bear in mind that the 30-minute session will require more frequent treatments to see the same results as the Skin Health for Life treatment.
How Long Does It Take? – Depending on the type of HydraFacial you choose, it can take as little as 30 minutes, making it an excellent treatment to squeeze into a busy lifestyle.
What Should I Do Afterwards? – There are a few things you can do to take care of your skin after treatment. Avoid exercise for the day or anything that causes you to sweat – sweating may be too much for your skin following treatment and could cause irritation.
Don’t use any exfoliators, like glycolic acids or enzymes, for at least two days after treatment. You should also avoid waxing or depilatories. Avoid medium-deep chemical peels for at least a fortnight after your HydraFacial. You should also avoid laser treatments for two weeks afterwards.
Other than that, you can continue with your skincare regime as normal, although ideally, you should keep it simple – gentle cleansing and moisturising should be fine for a few days. Make sure that you are gentle with your skin – avoid picking at it or scrubbing harshly. Plus, you should continue to use SPF as normal (which is always an essential step for your skin).