Regular facials can be hugely beneficial for the skin – they can help improve breakouts, leaving you with soft, glowing skin, and even reduce the signs of ageing. Sunrise Beauty Salon in Marlow offers a range of great facials, including Elemis Biotec Facials.
A Biotec facial is different to a regular facial, and we think it has some fantastic benefits. Here’s what you need to know:
What Happens in an Elemis Biotec Facial?
The Biotec system is comprised of five technologies in one machine, combined with extra benefits like aromatics and biological actives. It works like this:
- You will have a face scan, which will give you an up-close view of your complexion (not always the nicest step, but an important one!). Your therapist will discuss any skin issues you are currently dealing with and work with you to set your skin goals.
- Your therapist will pick from seven customisable facials (which will depend on the results of your skin scan and your most pressing concerns).
- You will receive a thorough cleanse, as you would with a regular facial.
- Following this, a ‘skin activator’ (essentially a serum) is applied. This will create the foundation for the facial and will be targeted to your specific skin concerns. The skin activators are comprised of powerful ingredients like salicylic acid and essential oils.
- Next, you will receive a different treatment depending on your needs. You will have the option of an ultrasonic peel, a microcurrent lift, a galvanic rejuvenating treatment, light therapy rebalance, or an oxygen infusion (or a combination of these). Your therapist will talk you through each option and how it could benefit your skin.
Which Skin Types Could Benefit from an Elemis Biotec Facial?
Every skin type could benefit, as a Biotec facial is customisable to suit you. It can help:
- Signs of ageing (like fine lines, wrinkles, and reduced elasticity)
- Sensitive skin
- Inflammation and redness
If you have multiple skin concerns, don’t worry – most of us do! Your therapist will be able to create a facial that will suit you.
How Does a Biotec facial differ from a regular facial?
Regular facials will involve a deep cleanse, serums, and moisturisers to help your skin feel plump and refreshed. They can also be customised to a certain extent, with different products to suit your particular skin care needs. However, Biotec facials differ in that they take advantage of technology, combining the traditional relaxing benefits of a facial massage by a trained therapist with advanced skin care treatments using a machine.
What Is Elemis?
Elemis is a well-known luxury skincare brand – you may recognise them if you enjoy a spa day from time to time. They’re known for their anti-ageing products, as well as their body products, like scrubs and tan accelerators.
Elemis produce a range of Biotec skincare products you can use at home, including creams and make-up removers.
If you’ve tried a regular facial, why not go for something different and try a Biotec facial?